Thursday, August 28, 2014

More Car Art: 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, etc.

Yesterday, I talked about how most of my car drawings were attempted imitations of real life images.  I'm not sure if I would actually consider those "art" because there isn't much thought or personal style that I intentionally put into these illustrations, but I could be wrong.  I guess what came out really does reflect my personal style, even though I tried my best to make it *gasp* like real life.  Well, I suppose they could be art because things like the realistic paintings from the Baroque period are without a doubt considered art.  Either way, I don't really care.  I just draw for my own satisfaction.

I also briefly mentioned my numbering systems for different scans of my car drawings to deal with my inability to decide on colors.  I'll go through a sequence below with my '57 Lincoln drawings first.

'57 Lincoln Premiere 0.0 on the left.  I forgot that I wasn't supposed to color it yet so I reverted the scan to black & white and had to sort of blot out the taillights on Microsoft Paint before printing it out on my non-color printer.  '57 Lincoln Premiere 0.1 on the right was the result.  

To make way for the wheel changes, I took out the hubcaps and created '57 Lincoln Premiere 0.2 on the left.  Later, to create the 4-door version, I got rid of a ton of stuff via Microsoft Paint once again to create version 0.4.  

'57 Lincoln Premiere 1.1.  the 1.0 version was the scan without the shadow on the ground.  

'57 Lincoln Premiere 2.0 done sort of in the style of a "kustom" or a lead sled.  This one had the wheel changes that I eraced the hubcaps for in 0.2 and I did not have a shadowless scan of this.  

'57 Lincoln Premiere 3.0 and 3.1.  A version 0.3 was created as a basis for this, not shown above.  

Lastly, '57 Lincoln Premiere Landau "4.0 doors."  This was a drawing of one that I saw for sale, a less-desirable 4-door version.  

I almost created a "5.0" that would have been a pastel purple convertible but I ran out of patience.

I guess I'll also use this chance to just share some other drawings that I've created in the past.

Here's an earlier time when I used the numbering system on a '51 Chevy fastback.  0.0 is on the left.  Oops, no rear window! I fixed it with 0.1 on the right.  


These go in order, left to right, top to bottom.  The background and reflections on the purple one didn't turn out well.  Also, a slight decrease in quality might be visible after I colored more and more because my patience wore thin and I got tired of the project.  

In the summer of 2013, I realized that after all these years, I hadn't drawn my car yet.  Here's Sable side view 0.0.  I also thought that I hadn't done a profile view of a car in years; I used to only do side views in middle school.  

Sable side view 1.0 and 1.3 with just some weird computer adjustments

Sable side view 2.1 ended up being the most realistic drawing I had/have ever done.  I used purple and yellow to enhance shading on the wheels and various other parts.  


No comments:

Post a Comment